CT High School Rules apply with the following exceptions:
- Four 8 minute quarters.
- Three minutes in duration with 1 full timeout.
- 2 Certified "Patched".
- If 2 certified officials are not available, the visiting team can choose not to count the game in league standings before the game starts. If it is determined to not count the game, cancellation rules apply.
- 28.5" size ball will be used for:
- Girls divisions 5th through 8th.
- Boys 5th and 6th grade.
- Full (29.5") size ball will be use for:
- Boys 7th and 8th grade.
- Are allowed for all grades and genders.
Foul Shot Distance
- 5th grade girls will be 13 feet.
- 6th grade girls will be 14 feet.
- Neither of the player's feet may step over the line.
- 5th grade girls - There will be no backcourt pressing allowed except in the final two minutes of the game (and in any overtime periods) while still observing the 10 point Mercy Rule.
- There is full game pressing in the below divisions until a 10 point lead.
- 5th grade boys
- There is full game pressing in the below divisions until a 15 point lead.
- 6th grade boys
- 6th grade girls
- 7th grade boys
- 7th grade girls
- 8th grade boys
- 8th grade girls
- Whenever the 10/15 point lead is reached, the leading team can no longer press. The losing team still can. If the losing team rallies, and gets back within 10/15 points, the winning team can resume pressing.
- This 'mercy' rule will not be in effect during the Playoffs except for 5G who will still follow regular season rules
- 7 Team Fouls - One-and-one
- 10 Team Fouls - Two Shots
- Two technical fouls is automatic ejection.
- Technical fouls must be reported to FCBL Board.
- If any player/coach/spectator is ejected from a game for any reason, that person must serve a 2 league game suspension.
- All weather related cancellation before the final regular season deadline (February 20 in 2011) will be forfeits for both teams if not made up by the end of the regular season.
- If it can be demonstrated that one team is intentionally avoiding rescheduling then the division director can remove the forfeit from the willing team.
- If a team cancels a scheduled League game upon less than 72 hours notice for any reason other than weather or facility problems, then a forfeit shall be entered against the team that so cancels the game; however, the opposing team may in its discretion still elect to remove the forfeit and re-schedule the game.
**A "LEAGUE GAME" REFERS TO ANY GAME THAT HAS FCBL REGULAR SEASON STANDINGS IMPACT OR ANY FCBL TOURNAMENT GAME**
- 3 full timeouts and 2 30 second timeouts per game.